Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Packing in the Protein

Lately I've been wondering if, as a vegetarian, I'm getting enough protein. I always assumed I did, but now I'm just not so sure. I haven't had a great deal of energy lately, and that could be attributed to a lot of things... the heat, learning a new job, or worst of all... my metabolism could be slowing down as I approach my 30s! So, I've been trying to be more cautious of how much protein I'm consuming each day. I've been adding protein powder to my smoothies, and it bumps me up to more than 50 grams along with the Greek yogurt and milk I add. 
Along with the protein powder, I've been drinking the Kellogg's protein breakfast shakes, eating lots of hummus and Greek yogurt (which I've always done), eating protein bars, like the Kind brand bars, and I recently discovered how great quinoa can be. 
I'm up for trying any other tasty and nutritious protein-packed products! Please feel free to offer suggestions if you've had great experiences with anything.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I MUST have protein with every meal. Some of my favorites are Greek yogurt, eggs (of course), almonds and string cheese.

    ReplyDelete