Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Congratulations, Nik Wallenda!

I hope everyone had a chance to watch Nik Wallenda’s amazing tightrope walk across the Grand Canyon on Sunday night! If you didn’t see it live, get on YouTube and watch it now!! I’m telling you, it will raise the hairs on the back of your neck, and it’ll probably raise your blood pressure, too. In fact, I think mine is still coming back down. Keep in mind that Nik did this walk without a harness or safety net.

Via

I have to say that the 24 minutes it took him to cross were probably the most intense (and longest) moments of my life! I was on the edge of my seat and praying right along with him! As soon as he walked onto the rope and said it was dusty, I knew that wasn’t good. He didn’t seem to be the same calm, cool and collected guy I saw last week, and that worried me. After about the first three minutes, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to keep watching, but I held out and made it! And I’m so glad I did!

Nik really is an inspiration and uses his talents to share his testimony. He is such a positive reminder that anyone can accomplish anything… you just can’t give up! Nik represented Sarasota, Florida in the best possible way, and I’m so excited for him to return home! He will kick off a boat parade in Sarasota in July 5, and I’ll definitely be there for all the festivities! 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. We watched! I hadn't even heard about this until reading it on your blog. I was so nervous for him but loved how he prayed through it.

    ReplyDelete