Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Concert

Saturday night I had the opportunity to see Brad Paisley in concert. I don't go to concerts very often anymore. I'm lucky if I make it to one per year, but I used to go ALL the time. Probably too much. I think I got spoiled from seeing a lot of artists in smaller venues, and now it's just not as much fun when you're in a huge amphitheater and can't get as close. But I couldn't pass up a $20 ticket through Groupon!

Via
So I headed up to Tampa Saturday afternoon to meet my friend and have dinner first. As we were leaving the restaurant, it started to downpour! We waited for a while, but then it got to the point that we were going to miss the concert if we waited around much longer. Plus, it didn't look like the rain was going anywhere. So we made a mad dash for the car and got completely drenched! The rain was coming down sideways and got in my contacts to the point that it felt like I was blinking back chlorine! 
On the way to the outdoor (yes, outdoor) venue, the rain slowed down some, but by the time we parked and started walking in, it was picking up again! It takes 10-15 minutes to walk to your seats from the parking lot, so needless to say, we looked like wet rats by the time we got there. I figured once we got to our seats, we'd be fine because they were under the cover. But no, the rain was blowing in and coming down right on top of us for about the first half hour. Once it stopped, the show was really great, though!
I especially enjoyed seeing Brad's opening act, Chris Young, because my mom and I had the opportunity to have dinner with him after winning a Mother's Day contest a few years ago. 
Via
All in all, it was a fun night, but maybe summer in Florida isn't the best time to do an outdoor concert!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Well I'm glad you made the most of it anyway. At least everyone else was wet too. :) Pretty cool that you got to have dinner with Chris Young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got stuck in that downpour trying to go to dinner. I was SOAKING wet. I'm glad the concert was so fun, sorry you got so rained on!!

    ReplyDelete