Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

3 Golden Sisters

The other night I came across one of the most entertaining television shows I've ever seen! I don't know how I hadn't heard of it before, but it's pure genius. It's called 3 Golden Sisters. I barely remember Golden Girls, but I imagine this is basically the reality show version of Golden Girls, but with even more pizzazz!
As the title suggests, the show follows three sisters in their 70s and 80s, Mary, Terry and Josie. Now, before you tune me out and think that this show is all nursing homes and walkers, listen up... it's the complete opposite! These ladies are hilarious and make a 20-something's life look boring! 

Via
The sisters were discovered on the internet and have had a lot of support from Oprah. In fact, the show airs on the OWN network at 9 p.m. EST on Saturdays. These spirited ladies have strong opinions on lots of things, and they don't mind voicing them! They're often arguing with each other one minute, and then acting like best friends the next. 
In the first episode I saw, I got a kick out of the sisters trying on clothes to wear to a concert they were going to. Mary stepped out of the dressing room, and after much criticism from her sisters, she decided that their opinions didn't matter because she was "going to stop traffic" in her outfit! In another episode, the ladies went to a vineyard and sampled a little too much, to the point that they had to be driven to a hotel by a taxi! They're also up on the latest technology and even tweet! (Follow them @3GoldenSisters.) 
The sisters live in California, but make no mistake, their accents from growing up in the Bronx have not left them! That's part of what adds to the humor of the show! I promise you'll enjoy every minute of watching these crazy ladies! 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this? I was a huge Golden Girls fan back in the day (my college roommate and I used to watch marathons on weekends, don't judge). :) Love that they are still so with it at their age!

    ReplyDelete