Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Day in the Life

One of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner, is hosting A Day in the Life linky party on Friday. I've written a little about myself before, but never what I do in a typical day, so I thought this would be a fun opportunity. Most of my favorite blogs are written by moms. Sometimes I feel a little out of place because I don't have any kids, but hopefully that will change one day! Until then, this is my typical weekday... 
My alarm goes off at 6:45 a.m. (and as a sidenote: I HATE the "beep-beeping" of an alarm, so I set mine to the radio so I can wake up to something pleasant)! I usually don't actually get out of bed until a few minutes after 7:00. I get ready for work, pack my lunch, and I'm out the door at about 7:45. Yes, I get ready pretty quickly when I need to! If I have time, I'll eat breakfast before I leave. Otherwise I'll eat oatmeal or a granola bar at some point after I get to work. I'm a huge fan of these bars!!


Via
I work at a private college doing event planning and communications, and my workday usually begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. I won't go into all the details of my day at work, but I do usually eat lunch with co-workers (outside when the weather is nice), which is always a fun way to break up the day. By the time I get home, it's usually close to 6:00 because I have quite a long commute. At that time, it's almost dark, so I usually go ahead and cook dinner and settle in for the night. (After the time changes and it's light outside longer, I'll be able to go for a walk around my neighborhood. I used to run a lot, but I injured my foot a few months ago, so I'm kind of limited on my activities right now.) Cooking for 1 person isn't always easy, but I do manage. I try to change up my dinner menus so I don't get tired of eating the same things. I do tend to eat a lot of stir-frys, pastas, and salads, though. I also eat tons of fresh veggies since I'm a vegetarian. This veggie soup and a big salad was my recent dinner. So delicious and freezable! Click here for the recipe.

Via
After dinner, I usually do dishes, shower, relax by watching TV or surfing the Internet, and/or I pay bills, do laundry, etc. and prepare to start my day all over again. My goal is to be in bed by 10:30 p.m., but it's usually around 11:30 by the time I make it there. I just get busy doing odd and end things and lose track of time.
My typical day isn't nearly as exciting as those who have kids and lots of variety every day, but I know my time will come! :)


1 comment:

  1. oooo girl, your time WILL come! Enjoy all this freedom! :) Just stopping over from the Kelly's Korner link up!

    ReplyDelete