Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Real Simple Lunch: Cottage Cheese Mix-Up

I'll admit that this recipe isn't really a "recipe." You basically just cut up some tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, and mix it with some cottage cheese, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. How simple is that?

Now, don't tune me out yet. I know, I know... cottage cheese isn't considered the most glamorous of foods. I'm not sure why a lot of people don't like it, but I think it's so versatile. You can use it in place of ricotta cheese when making lasagna, it's great as a side dish, or you can add fruits and/or veggies to it and eat it like a salad.

I was a little hesitant about adding tomatoes, cukes, and avocado to it, but let me tell you... it was delicious!! I ate this one day before I went to the pool because I just wanted a light lunch, and let's face it... no one wants to feel bloated when you're about to put on your swim suit! It really kept me full without feeling like a had a brick in my stomach. It was super flavorful, too! 

Add as little or as much of the veggies as you like. I added a handful of grape tomatoes, half an avocado, and about a 3" piece of cucumber, chopped. It's the perfect fix for this hot weather!




1 comment: