Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Christmas in July

Since I've been searching for churches, I've also watched a few services online just to get a feel for what the church might be like. Yesterday morning I watched a service I really enjoyed, and the name of the sermon was "Christmas in July." The pastor was talking about how we're given gifts every day that we should be using. Maybe we have a passion for something that others don't, and that could very well be what our "gift" is. It was really encouraging and made me think that I should try to be more thankful for what I have, and not focus on the things that go wrong in my life.

Via
One thing I'm especially thankful for is my family. Over the weekend, I was especially blessed to be able to see my family, including a cousin and aunt who live in Georgia. I can honestly say that this was one of the best visits we've ever had together. We all had such a great time talking, laughing, eating, and "touristing" around. By the way, it's kind of fun to tour the town where you live. I saw things I didn't even know about, and maybe some things I never needed to know about! I truly love my family and know that we'll always be there for each other. To me, that is the ultimate gift!
While I'm on the subject of gifts, why not grab a gift or two for yourself?! Through Tuesday night, everything is 30% off at Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic. I already have a shopping cart full of stuff that I want to order! And don't forget to check out the Nordstrom anniversary sale! There are lots of great deals to be had. If you don't want to deal with the work of sifting through everything, Sheaffer at Pinterest Told Me To has already done it for you! Be sure to check out all of her fabulous picks! Happy Monday!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a nice visit with your family. They really are a gift! I've been homesick lately for Pennsylvania and seeing my parents.

    ReplyDelete