Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Reading

I needed some good reading material for my recent trip to Hawaii (I just got back last night and will write about it soon!!), so I started perusing the internet trying to find some good recommendations. I had planned to bring a few magazines, but I knew if I could find a good book, that would keep me entertained during the long flight.

I kept hearing great things about
Big Mama's (Melanie Shankle) and Boo Mama's (Sophie Hudson) books, so I ordered both of them from Amazon. Sophie's book, A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet, was just released yesterday, so I didn't have it in time for my trip. However, I'm super excited to read it! It's a funny and happy account of Sophie's southern family.

Melanie's book, Sparkly Green Earrings, is the story of motherhood and how she became a mom. It took everything I had not to crack open this book before my trip. I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't put it down, and then I'd have nothing left to read! Even if you're like me, and you're not a mom yet, you'll enjoy this!



I love the fact those both of these ladies are Christians and they are regular bloggers who write such entertaining things every day! So many times I find an author I really like, but then have to wait for years until they release another book. Being able to read their blogs everyday makes it so much better and more personal! I highly recommend checking out both of these books! You won't be sorry you did... unless you have lots to do, because you won't get anything done until you finish these books!


1 comment:

  1. I've heard great things about both books too! Trying to find some good beach reads for next month. Let me know how they are!

    ReplyDelete