Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Greek Pizza

Ok, this is no secret, but I love Greek food! Greek salads are my favorite, I go crazy for spanikopita, and there's nothing better than a pita stuffed with falafel and all the fixin's, like this one I made recently! So, naturally, I make Greek pizzas, too!


1 store bought half-baked pizza crust (I like the thin ones)
extra virgin olive oil
pizza sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
feta cheese
sundried tomatoes (the julienne kind or slice them yourself)
bell pepper, sliced (any color)
Greek olives, sliced
onion, sliced
dried oregano (optional)


Brush your pizza crust with a little olive oil. Next, spread your pizza sauce on the crust, then add your mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Notice I don't have measurements for anything. That's because you can add as much or as little as you like! It's your pizza! I don't use very much mozzarella, because I like to have more of the feta on there. After your cheeses, top the pizza with veggies. Be sure your peppers and onions are sliced thin and small so they cook fast enough in the oven. Garnish with some dried oregano, and then bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Oven temperature and time may vary depending on what kind of crust you buy. 

post signature

1 comment: