Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Peanut Noodles

I used to buy pre-made peanut noodles each time I'd make a trip to Trader Joe's. I loved taking them for lunches, but they were pretty pricey, and I figured they would be so simple to make and for a fraction of the price. I was right! These peanut noodles are sure to satisfy! I ate them hot right after I made them, and then I put the leftovers in the refrigerator and ate them cold for the next couple of days for lunch.



8 oz. spaghetti
1 bunch of scallions
2 Tbs. sesame oil 
1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
1/3 C peanut butter (I used chunky because I like bits of peanuts in it, but use whatever you have!)
1/4 C low sodium soy sauce
1/4 C hot water
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Cook pasta. While pasta boils, sautee scallions in oil. Add ginger and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in peanut butter, soy sauce, hot water, vinegar, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes. Combine well and then remove from heat.

After you've drained your pasta, toss it with your peanut sauce and serve, or chill and eat it cold if you like it that way.

Wasn't that simple?!



No comments:

Post a Comment