Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

I've always loved watching cooking shows on the Food Network. Rachael Ray has been one of my favorites for a while, but now that there are some new kids on the block, I really enjoy watching Bobby Deen, Trisha Yearwood and Ree Drummond, better known as The Pioneer Woman.
Via
Ree is an amazing cook, and I really want her life. She lives on the perfect, most beautiful ranch and is married to a real life cowboy and has four beautiful kids. Watching her show on Saturday mornings is part of my routine. And the fact that she has a blog is even better! I'm able to keep up with her and her recipes every day! Imagine my excitement when I recently discovered that she has an autobiographical book, The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. 
Via
This book is probably the best love story I've ever read! I've enjoyed every page of it. Ree was raised a city girl and never expected to live the life she leads, but she does it so effortlessly. She recounts how she met her husband, how they fell in love, life after marriage, and all the ups and downs in between. The stories in her book are funny, sweet, sad and anything else you might expect from a great book! I highly recommend reading it, and be sure to check out her cookbooks, blog and TV show! Plus, I just learned that a big-screen adaptation of this book is in development with a major studio! I can't wait to see the movie version!

Come back in a few days when I'll post about a recipe of hers that I recently made and loved!! You'll want to make it several times this summer, I promise!


1 comment:

  1. I made one of her recipes last week! A variation on her French Toast casserole. It was delectable!

    ReplyDelete