Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Veg-Head

Most people who know me know that I'm a vegetarian. I have been since I was about 3 years old. I just never liked meat. And no, no one else in my family is a vegetarian. Just me. But I'm not one of those weird-food-eating vegetarians. In fact, I'm not even a fan of tofu. I basically eat the same foods as most other people, just without the meat. And of course, I have to get extra protein through dairy, nuts, beans, etc. So the recipes I share will be meatless, but I promise they'll all be super yummy, and of course, real simple!

For the longest time, I would never eat anything like a veggie burger because I couldn't get past the texture. I was afraid it would seem too much like meat. But I eventually discovered some great veggie burger recipes, (and let's face it... Morningstar Farms makes a pretty mean black bean veggie burger), so now I love them! I came across a recipe for a Thai veggie burger, and let me tell you... it's really delicious and different! I served mine with a broccoli slaw straight from a kit I purchased in my grocery store's produce section. Real simple, huh? For the recipe, just go here! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment