Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Goat Cheese Sandwich

A couple weeks ago, I was out running errands one Saturday and I wanted to grab a quick bite to eat. I've great great things about this local bakery called John Dough. Actually, I had bought their homemade bread before, but it was a while ago, and I don't think they had a cafe back then. So, I'd been wanting to try their sandwiches!

When I got there and saw that they had a goat cheese sandwich on the menu, I was sold! It was one of the most delicious sandwiches I had ever eaten!! But to be fair, let's face it. Goat cheese between to pieces of wood would taste good! Anyway, after I ate it, I started thinking about how easy it would be to re-create it at home, so that's what I did!

2 slices of thick, balery-style bread (I used multi-grain, but the bakery used ciabatta. Use whatever you like!)
goat cheese
tomato
roasted red peppers, sliced

onions, sliced (I like Florida sweet onions or red)
fresh basil
Now you just have to assemble the sandwich, which is simple! Spread some goat cheese, as little or as much as you like, on each slice of the bread. One one slice, pile sliced tomato on top, then sliced roasted red peppers, onions and fresh basil. Place the other piece of bread on top, goat cheese side down. Then cut in half and enjoy! So easy and so tasty!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. You have been posting some awesome recipes lately! This is another great one, it looks healthy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SOOOOO tasty. #getinmybellynow

    ReplyDelete