Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The ACM Awards

I love a good country music awards show. The Oscars, Emmys... not my thing. But if there's country music involved, I'm all about it! Sometimes I end up sorely disappointed in the quality of the shows, but Sunday night's ACM Awards did not disappoint! 


This year Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan hosted. They were fabulous! The dynamic between those two was just fun and entertaining. Speaking of entertaining, I was super excited to see my boy Luke win Entertainer of the Year! He definitely deserved it, and the emotion that overcame him was so sweet and genuine!
Via

I honestly enjoyed each and every performance of the night! After all, that's the real reason to watch, right?! Some of my very favorites were the opening number by Blake Shelton and many special guests, "Boys 'Round Here," Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban singing "Highway Don't Care," Luke Bryan's "Crash My Party," and Hunter Hayes' collaboration with Stevie Wonder on "You Can Feel it All Over."  I've said it once and I'll say it again: I may be 7 years older than Hunter Hayes, but that doesn't mean I can't have a crush on him! He is adorable and so very talented!! 

In case you missed any of the action, below is a list of all the award winners. 

Entertainer of the Year
Luke Bryan

Male Vocalist of the Year
Jason Aldean

Female Vocalist of the Year
Miranda Lambert

Vocal Duo of the Year
Thompson Square

Vocal Group of the Year
Little Big Town

New Male Vocalist of the Year
Brantley Gilbert

New Female Vocalist of the Year
Jana Kramer

New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year
Florida Georgia Line

New Artist of the Year
Florida Georgia Line

Album of the Year
"Chief" - Eric Church

Single Record of the Year
"Over You" - Miranda Lambert

Song of the Year
"Over You" - Miranda Lambert

Songwriter of the Year
Dallas Davidson

Video of the Year
"Tornado" - Little Big Town

Vocal Event of the Year
"The Only Way I Know" - Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church


No comments:

Post a Comment